This blog post is related to a course that I am running on Monday 30th November at St James’s C of E High School in Bolton.
Sketching and Development with 3D Printing
This course is suited for teachers of GCSE Product Design and Resistant Materials.
The action packed day will be broken down into four sections:
- Idea Generation using a new and fantastic drawing aid, ‘The DTDOT’, marker rendering and a whole host of presentation techniques.
2. Model making that is useful for product development.
3. ‘CAD made easy’ using Autodesk Inventor to produce ideas that could are suitable for 3D Printing.
4. 3D Printer setup (using four different printers), class and project management when using 3D printers and the advantages of the many different printers that are available.
During the day many practical hints and tips will be shared regarding project management and advice on how to make the whole ‘design and make process’ fun and stress free! (For you and the pupils).
Included with the course:
- A selection of worksheets that you can copy to use with your own pupils.
- The resources you use for sketching and rendering are yours to take (DTDOT Drawing tool, layout paper pad, selection of rendering markers, 0.5mm blue mechanical pencil, thick and thin lining pens)
- Lunch and refreshments
The course will be delivered by John Donnelly, of DT Resources Limited and will be held at St James’s C of E High School in Bolton (BL49RU) on Monday 30th November 2015.
10am – 4pm
John Donnelly is an outstanding teacher and director of DT Resources Limited.
John has been an examiner and Moderator for AQA Product Design and currently leads the Design and Technology Department at St James’s C of E High School.
John is the founder member of the most popular Design and Technology Teachers Facebook group and manages the DTResources Dropbox.
To book a place on this course please ask for a booking form by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
DT Resources Limited is not connected with St James’s C of E High School and is a separate registered company.
Company No. 09522880 www.dtresources.co.uk